What is Gas Spring?
Inside the closed cylinder of gas spring, compressed nitrogen gas and a small amount of oil are sealed in, and gas spring works or the principle that repulsive force can be acquired by applying pressure to the cross section of the piston rod.
Due to this structure, it has the shown in the figure below fetures, and thus it may widely be used for various industrial machines, furniture, home appliances OA machines, and athletic equipments as well as automobile.
The gas spring system is a sealed cylindrical container with compressed nitrogen gas and small amount of oil. On the surface of the piston rod, the pressure from the nitrogen gas is applied and allows the piston rod in cylinder to act as a spring. When the rod is inserted into the inside of cylinder, the interior pressure of cylinder is increased which replaced the space of the gas. This causes the force of repulsion as the function of stroke. The force of repulsion is decided by the diameter of the cylinder and the piston rod. It is also affected by the friction as well.
- 1. It can absorb impact and allow things like a cover to be open, closed, or moved with a little force.
- 2. Compared to a coil spring or a plate spring, it is smaller and lighter, but has a bigger repulsive force.
- 3. Regardless of the strength of stroke, relatively constant repulsive force can be acquired.
- 4. Setting-up of working speed depending on extension is possible.
- 5. Attachment and detachment of the gas spring are easy.
- 6. Designing for various purposes and a wide range of application are possible.
- Our gas spring system has more outstanding stable force of repulsion, longer extendable sizes, and stronger in every stroke. Comparing with other competitors’ products, the cost of replacement and installation is much less.
- Rubber-made piston and frictional heat occurred between inner walls of the cylinder can properly constrain the compressing and extending movement of the gas spring.
- Gravity-directional force by weight of the door is diminished with the repulsive force acted counter-directionally, and accordingly the gravity-directional force remained weakly will be completely suppressed by the frictional force of the piston holding inner wall of the cylinder.
- In case that human force is added here gravity directionally (door-closing action) or repulsive force directionally (door-opening action), it will move as much as force is exerted, then stop again.
- 1. When the flap door in opened of closed, the door stops at the position of hand-off, and thus the door always remains at the hand-touching position.
- 2. This is a product whose problems of inconvenience is solve that the door is out of reach when it is opened if a common gas spring is adopted at the upside door of the upper flap storage.
- 3. By substituting a high-priced lead stay, this contributes to saving cost and ensures a softer and noiseless movement compared to the lead stay.
- 4. Due to the same appearance and position of attachment as the gas spring, it’s execution is easy.
- It is also called as an Oil Damper, and the damper combined with coil spring is typically used as vibration-proof device(shock absorber) for automobiles, and has tub type and piston type.
- General structure of the damper is same as the gas spring, but it has a piston with small hole(Orifice) of the valve inside the cylinder filled with oil instead of gas.
- If the piston inside the cylinder moves, oil is transferred from a space to the other space inside the cylinder. As the oil passage will be narrow space increases, and thus the resistivity (damping force) will occur.
- This resistivity has nature of increasing in proportion to squaring of relative speed between the cylinder and the piston.
- 1. It absorbs impact of opening and closing of the cover, etc, and prevents noise.
- 2. It can change the quick and dangerous speed of opening/closing into slow motion.
- 3. It’s motion is soft and stop always safely.